In the same way that the “crazy-makers” in your life will pull you down, being friends with healthy, whole people will take your life to the next level.
That’s why I wanted to invite my long-time friend, Chris Milligan on The Next 24 Hours to share the story of our friendship and how you can deepen your own friendships to go further faster in your life and your career.
Chris is the CEO of the Cincinnati Opera, as well as being one of the smartest people I know. Because Chris has so much insight to share, I divided his episode into two parts, and in this first part, you’ll hear about our early careers and our friendship journey that we both credit as being a catalyst for our individual professional success.
I’m having him share the crazy story of how we met, which is, I think, one of the best examples of “failing successfully,” along with how we came up with the concept of VIP Days which have gone on to be a game-changer for many other professionals as they build out the next level of their careers.
In the last part of our conversation, we talk about the personal habits and values that shape Chris as a leader.
On top of all that, you’ll get to hear:
- The biggest mistake Chris ever made in his career—and how it led to our friendship
- A simple practice you can implement with a trusted friend to make hard career decisions with confidence
- Why we both believe so strongly in the power of the arts
- How to create accountability that’s more powerful and less painful
- A strategy for getting outside of your own head and limiting beliefs
- Chris’s advice on writing and editing for clarity
- Starting a daily habit (even if you hate routine)
- How to make it right after a mistake
- How you can level-up your friendships to make both you and your friends better people and professionals.
This episode is packed with insights for living in excellence that will inspire you, motivate you and help you to deepen your own friendships.
As a speaker and author, Curtis Zimmerman has impacted over one million people with his life-changing messages and award-winning programs. Curtis is an expert at transforming organizations by inspiring individuals to live their lives at performance level.
Want to be inspired? Check out his podcast The Next 24 Hours.