“If we’re not having fun, we’re doing it wrong,” he told me as we passed by the bobbleheads of his team members. Five minutes after I met Matt Fischer, I knew I had to have him on the podcast.
He’s the CEO Curiosity Advertising, an ad agency in Cincinnati with a culture that isn’t just ping pong and beer kegs (even though they have those)—it’s a fundamentally employee-focused, community-oriented company who is setting the gold standard for happy employees and high-quality work.
I got to visit Curiosity Advertising’s offices in downtown Cincinnati—and I had never seen anything like it. I loved the open concept of their space and the creativity that oozed from every chalkboard on every wall.
This episode is part two in a two-part series where I’m highlighting amazing company cultures in Cincinnati. (In #21, I talked to Joy Van Patten, who had a rockstar strategy to invigorate the culture at Divisions Maintenance Group. Listen to it here!)
I met Matt through a colleague of mine who called us doppelgangers (which if you look at a picture, we do have similar glasses…) But it’s not just surface level: Long before we met, Matt was also talking about failing successfully and assembling the right group of people to surround yourself with. (Cast Your Show Wisely, much?)
This episode is loaded with tangible tips for leading with intention and cultivating curiosity in your workplace, along with…
- Why Matt got laid off as a top executive in NYC—and what he did next
- The 6, non-negotiable key values of Curiosity (these are also the secrets to innovation)
- Why you need more white space in your life
- Why no one has an office at Curiosity
- The unconventional way that his employees give back to the community (This one moved me.)
- Their crazy, fun tradition for company pictures
- The NUMBER ONE thing that Curiosity looks for in their new hires (This really isn’t what you’d guess)
P.S. Want to live the dream? Sign up for my mailing list, never miss a podcast, and get a FREE LIVING THE DREAM WRISTBAND! Click here.
As a speaker and author, Curtis Zimmerman has impacted over one million people with his life-changing messages and award-winning programs. Curtis is an expert at transforming organizations by inspiring individuals to live their lives at performance level.
Want to be inspired? Check out his podcast The Next 24 Hours.