1) You’re consistently late.
2) You’re apathetic about your work.
3) You don’t look for ways to improve and to take your skills to the next level.
4) You’re vague or dishonest about your progress towards the deadline.
5) You waste time on the job with your personal cell phone and Facebook.
6) You gossip and spread rumors, poisoning the work environment.
7) You’re not a team player and look for ways to make others look good.
8) You’re standoffish and don’t care about anyone else’s personal wellbeing.
9) You consistently speak poorly of your brand or your boss.
No matter if you’ve been in the same job for 15 years or fifteen minutes, there’s no excuse to spend any day not giving it your best, fullest attention. If any of the items on the list above made you wince, then let this be your wake-up call. Avoid getting fired–change your behavior starting today, and keep your job for the years to come.
*Image courtesy jypsygen
As a speaker and author, Curtis Zimmerman has impacted over one million people with his life-changing messages and award-winning programs. Curtis is an expert at transforming organizations by inspiring individuals to live their lives at performance level.
Want to be inspired? Check out his podcast The Next 24 Hours.