Envision what Tax Day would be like if the IRS was run like a five-star hotel. I am dreaming of one where I’ve spoken, such as one of my favorite places on the planet, the CuisinArt Golf Resort and Spa in Anguilla,
So in this imaginary world:
1) A real person, not a machine, would always answer the phone.
2) You’d actually get the same answer from everyone you ask.
3) When you check-in, you wouldn’t have to hire a professional to fill out the complicated paperwork.
4) You’d get your entire refund if you’ve overpaid, no questions asked.
5) Free wifi, with no one watching or listening in.
6) You would be able to call downstairs and ask for an “extension” without being fined plus interest.
7) The only way to drown would be by falling in the pool, not under a sea of paperwork.
8) Your wake-up call gets you to breakfast on time, not digging through seven years of Starbuck’s receipts.
9) When you check out for good, no one takes half your “luggage” and distributes it to anyone they want, keeping the stuff they like.
I love our country. I understand why we pay taxes and I am proud to pay my fair share to ensure our safety, continued freedom, and strong infrastructure. But why does it have to be so complicated?
Just imagine, if filing your taxes was like the customer service experience of a 5-star hotel, we’d all love Tax Day!
As a speaker and author, Curtis Zimmerman has impacted over one million people with his life-changing messages and award-winning programs. Curtis is an expert at transforming organizations by inspiring individuals to live their lives at performance level.
Want to be inspired? Check out his podcast The Next 24 Hours.