We’ve all heard the statistic that something like 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail, and that most people have petered off in their habit of to the gym or eating paleo by mid-February.
Psychologists have researched the factors behind this phenomenon. and self-help authors pontificate on how to set resolutions that you can actually follow-through on.
Instead of doing either of those things, in this episode of The Next 24 Hours, I am sharing with you the 7 mistakes I see people making (and that I myself have made) in goal setting and how to reverse them.
I’ll teach you why being realistic is holding you back, how to integrate your goals into your life, why your goals need to be flexible, and where you should go for self-development that you may not have thought of.
You’ll also get to hear:
- How to know if you’re setting your goals too low
- What Walt Disney teaches us about setting crazy goals
- The difference between a dream and a goal
- How to have a healthy balance between going hard after your goals and maintaining your other priorities
- A new perspective on working out that could totally change your exercise habits
As a speaker and author, Curtis Zimmerman has impacted over one million people with his life-changing messages and award-winning programs. Curtis is an expert at transforming organizations by inspiring individuals to live their lives at performance level.
Want to be inspired? Check out his podcast The Next 24 Hours.